Monday, February 13, 2012

Don't you just love excuses?


My students long to sit with their friends. Everyday day I am asked, and sometimes have students begging to sit in a different spot. Last Friday was the same thing. I told my student no, and he gave the response, "but Mrs. Myers, I am near sighted! I have to sit in the back next to Dylan!!!" I told him nice try and sarcastically said I would need a doctors note. A few minutes later, both of my students presented me with this lovely piece of paper:

It made me laugh so hard that the class had a free seating chart day, they were all so thrilled!

What things have your students told you or have done to try to weasel their way out of things?

Kaitie

1 comment:

  1. I had a kid say he was blind so he needed to move up front (his best friend sits in the front). Before I said anything, another kid said "Well if you're blind then it doesn't matter where you sit" the kid replied "Touche" and left it at that!

    ReplyDelete